Villa Helena provides specialist doctors and therapists, with years of practice and study.
Offering natural treatments based on Western and Oriental teachings, including natural homeopathy and Chinese medicine.
Homepathic therapist and author, Lisa Joanes gives appointments at Villa Helena. She studied the Vithoulkas method, the Sensation Method and also at the British Institute of Homeopathy. She was an intern at Auroville Health Centre in India and integrates the Sigrid Lindemann team as a practitioner at the Integral Health Clinic also in Auroville.
As a therapist, Lisa proposes homeopathy for the following illnesses:
Lisa is also the author of:
Um Farmácia Natural em Sua Casa
Ana Paula Guerreiro practices Chinese medicine, having studied at the APA-DA (Portuguese Association of Acupuncture and and associated disciplines), psychology at UALg and having specialised in Neurosciences and Neuropsychology.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (MTC) had it’s origin in ancient China and has evolved of a period of thousands of years. Those who apply MTC use phytotherapy, acupuncture amongst other procedures to restore balance of the mind and body.
MTC has been successful in treating the following:
- stress, insomnia, asthma, rhinitis, sinusitis, dermatitis, rheumatism, hemorroides, hypertension, peptic ulcer, diabetes mellitus, acne, dermatitis, hemorrhoids, cellulite, obesity, obstipation, alcoholism, articular pain, urinary and faecal incontinence, enuresis, Meniere’s disease, sciatica, trigeminal neuralgia, headaches, depression, psychic neurosis, torticollis, tenosynovitis, smoking, flu, cough, dizziness, nausea, tinnitus, angina pectoris, otitis, menstrual problems, menopause, breast disorders, amongst others
Ana also uses Neurofeedback to treat her patients, a form of biofeedback in which a patient responds to a display of their own monitored brainwaves.
Neurofeedback has shown positive results for the following:
- Brain function and self-regulation
- Boosting cognitive and general psycho-physical skill
- It is a learning process
- It is a safe, non-invasive method
- Can be applied to children (from 6-8 months)
- Improves and solves different disorders and illnesses
This treatment can be applied at all ages because it is passive, safe and non-invasive.
Lisa Joanes and Ana Paula Guerreiro are amongst a team of highly qualified doctors and therapists that receive patients at Villa Helena.
For more information and to book a consultation, contact: